Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tomato Frustration

Lately I have been frustrated with my tomato plants.  This one being a major culprit of my frustration.  This huge and healthy looking plant is an Early Girl variety.  However she is definitely not early.  There is no fruit to be found!  All of the blossoms are dying and dropping off.  All of my other plants have set fruit so I am not sure why this is happening.  Maybe my less than regular watering habits is causing the problem, but whatever the reason I still don't like it.


My second reason for being frustrated is that I do not have any ripe fruit from my full size tomatoes.  I have had cherry tomatoes for a long time but have been staring at huge green tomatoes for weeks.  This time last year we were swimming in tomatoes so again I am not quite sure what the reason is.  But at least they have started to ripen and will be ready very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment