Monday, July 12, 2010

Virgils

A couple of weekends ago after the Newport Garden Walk we went out to lunch at a place in Bellevue, KY that one of the home owner's recommended.  The restaurant is called Virgils and makes delicious food that is French New Orleans inspired.  It was a cute boutique cafe.  The decor was warm and inviting, draped fabrics, and original artwork.  I ordered a Croque Madame with sweet potato fries.  I have always wanted to have one of these quientessential French sandwhiches but I have never seen one on a menu.  All I have to say is it was a piece of heaven on a plate.  I definitely plan on going back soon!


After lunch we went next door to a cute little store, Adaptique.  This store was a mixture of antiques and new pieces that were made to look antique.  The stop rounded out a perfect Saturday in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment