Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Peonies

Our peonies are coming in which excited me since they are my all time absolute favorite flower.  Their delicate layers and frilly petals are just absolutely gorgeous.  I am delighted at their arrival.  Unfortunately I have no clue if we will have blooms this year.  The largest of the three was an established plant from my Mother-In-Law.  She gifted me the plant because she knew how much I loved them and it needed a newer sunny spot since the surrounding plants had matured and shadowed it at her house.  Last year as expected there were no blooms due to the transplant.  This year will be a guessing game as to if it will bloom or need another year.  The two smaller plants were new rootstock I planted last year and I don't expect blooms from them for at least another year.



No comments:

Post a Comment