Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Backyard Homestead

I received a recommendation for The Backyard Homestead for the wealth of knowledge it contains.  And I agree that for the size of this book it contains a wealth of information on growing veggies, fruit, grains, orchards and different livestock.  I really enjoyed that this book showed me how much is really possible without having a "farm."  This book is a great starting point or quick reference for basic procedures.  However if I was raising chickens I wouldn't use only this book.  In addition are procedures and recipes for preserving food, making beer, wine, cheese, bread and such.  This book is definitely worth perusing and depending on what books you already own it might be a good addition to your home library.

No comments:

Post a Comment