Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Composting?

This is my feeble attempt at composting this year.  We had this awkward corner between two fences in the back of our lot that had been dumping grounds for many of the previous owners.  After clearing it out and not knowing what to do with it we added some inexpensive tiny picket fencing and it has become our yard and garden waste corner. 

I don't worry about how many browns or greens I put in.  Only once have I turned it and that will probably be the last time.  Most likely it will take well over a year to properly break down but it's better than what we did last year which was to put everything out with the garbage.  I would like to get another composting system for food scraps but with this being so open I worry about attracting animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment