Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Hero

On Sunday Andy and I were getting the bikes out for a leisurely afternoon ride to look at the colorful foliage.  As I was walking past the garden I was greeted by yet another snake.  Of course I reacted the way any grown woman would, I screamed like a little girl and ran away.

Andy got the shovel and as he got near the sucker was ridiculously fast in its attempt to get away but Andy was quicker and speared it.  I don't even care that he ruined some of my incoming lettuce beds.  If it had gotten away I am not sure if I would step foot in the garden for months.  The last snake was a baby and this was definitely 3-4x bigger.

I was scolded by my Dad that I should leave them be since they will eat garden pests.  But I don't care.  I can deal with lots of garden pests, but snakes are where I draw the line.  Since Sunday I keep peering into the garden praying I don't find yet another.  Here's my hero, victorious:

1 comment:

  1. EWWWW! Andy touched it!!! I don't think I would touch Andy for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete