Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Gardening

It has finally started to get cold around here and we have had some light frost.  Not wanting to take my chances any longer I finally cut off all of the remaining green tomatoes that were large enough.  I also harvested some basil and chives since neither will really stand up to a frost.  The sage, thyme and rosemary will continue to thrive well past Thanksgiving.


Some of our lettuce is finally doing well since our temperatures have finally cooled for good.  The back half of the lettuce has a couple seedlings but mainly has flailed.  My front half is coming in nice and I was able to cut some for salads this week.  Tomorrow I am going to order some row cover and hopefully get it before hard frost sets in.  I am hoping to get the lettuce going well enough with the row cover that we don't have to buy greens for awhile.



The cilantro is coming in slowly but surely, while the radishes continue to thrive.  I should mulch them soon but I'm not sure if it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment