Tuesday, April 3, 2012

WaHoo!

I have been watching our asparagus beds carefully for a couple of weeks now waiting for them to come up.  I was starting to get worried that their mid-winter exposure might have killed them off and they weren't going to come up at all.  In fact I figured if they didn't come up by the end of this week I would need to go buy new roots to start over with.

But then after our mulching project I was surveying the garden when I spied this guy.  He sprung up over night because the day before I had scoured the bed looking very closely hoping to see a sign of asparagus and found nothing.  Here is hoping the rest follow along soon!

1 comment:

  1. I really need to think about planting asparagus because we really love it. I have been doing some indoor planting getting the plants ready for outside.

    I have a Garden Club blog linky up on my blog if you are interested in linking on it. You can link any post, it doesn't have to be a new one.

    ReplyDelete