Saturday, August 21, 2010

Storing Garlic

Along with storing our onions it was also time to store our garlic.  I cured the garlic along with the onion.  I decided to try braiding the garlic for storage purposes.  Not really knowing the proper way to braid garlic I figured it was similar to french braiding hair.  While it isn't perfect and some of the heads of garlic are a bit loose I still think it was a decent job for a novice.  So for ladies and possibly men who can french braid hair you can also braid garlic.  If you don't know how to braid hair properly you essentially start with three garlic heads and then add one in at a time.  I do however wish the I could have braided the garlic while the stems were still a bit green, it would have made it easier to braid them tighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment