Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blueberry Picking

Today was opening day for our one of our favorite Summer activities, blueberry picking!  I have been going to Rousters since a kid and introduced Andy to them last year.  They normally open up by mid June but because of the cold wet weather we have had this year things are a little bit later than normal.  We had a wonderful time and walked away with around 15 pounds for jam, pies and eating fresh.  Later this month we plan to go back for blackberries and a few more fresh blueberries.



I guess because opening day was so late everyone wanted to be there today just like us.  Normally you can just pull up and park, when leaving you might have to wait in line behind a couple of people to pay.  But today we waited through 20 minutes of traffic just to get into the parking lot.  Then this was the line to pay for the berries.  The line weaved around the bushes, you can't see the whole line but you can see the rooftop of the berry house up in the left hand corner of the picture where you go to pay.

3 comments:

  1. My boyfriend's mother and I went blueberry picking and the local organic farm just last week...twice. I ended up picking about 20 pounds of blueberries...mmmm. We also found a blackberry farm and picked about 11 pounds of those. Now I just need to find a strawberry upick place for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stroke of blessings :o) I'm wishing for the same..

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid we used to have a Upick stawberry place but it went under a long time ago. I wish I could find a new Upick strawberry place because we just don't have room in the garden for all the strawberries I would like to have.

    ReplyDelete