Monday, July 11, 2011

New Veggies in the Harvest!


The work horse of the garden right now continues to be the beans.  The zucchini are starting to take off, hopefully the summer squash will follow soon.  However did you notice what was in the corner of the basket?  That's right the first couple of tomatoes!  They are cherry varieties, yellow pear and super sweet 100.  However the yellow pear don't have a pear shape, they are more oval.  I get jealous of the pretty pear shaped tomatoes at the store because this is the second year running that my pear shaped tomatoes aren't pear shaped.

4 comments:

  1. BUt I bet your pear tomatos taste better than the ones in the store :)

    Wow, you beans look great. I am still anxiously waiting for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa be lhappy that you at least got a yellow pear! Something made a meal of my vine and I didn't get one :o( Your harvest looks delicious (even that oval pear :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tomatoes are great no matter what shape they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice bean harvest. Your harvest is really looking like summer. My beans have barely started, but I think in a week I'll be drowning in them.

    ReplyDelete