Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zucchini

Despite the fact that our zucchini plants gave out a long time ago we have been the beneficiaries of a large zucchini donation.  When you have lots of over sized zucchini you shred it.  I don't like freezing shredded zucchini because once thawed it loses too much moisture.  So I baked it into bread, sauteed it in fritters and mixed it into pasta bakes, all put into the freezer for Winter.  I also made some more soup and decided to try freezing cubes to see how it dethaws.


4 comments:

  1. Wow - awesome! I wish I had enough frezzer space for all that!

    I'd love to hear your fritter recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea's on how to save Zucchinis.. and it all looks good :o) Waste not want not I always say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison - I used Jessie's recipe on Rurally Screwed that she posted a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is one awesome stockpile!

    ReplyDelete