Monday, March 19, 2012

Planted


I was able to get most of my spring seeds in by my March 17th deadline.  Last year I didn't get my lettuce, carrots, radishes, parsnips and such into the ground until April 14th due to building the beds and the constant monsoon we had last year.  I am hoping that getting the seeds in significantly earlier will result in better yields.  Although the summer like weather we are having might mean we have a really short spring meaning I am late yet again.

Today I planted the following items: astro arugula, high mowing mesculun mix, buttercrunch, green star lettuce, lettony lettuce, rouge d'hiver, baby romaine, antago lettuce, nevada lettuce, cosmic purple carrots, red cored chantenay carrots, french breakfast radishes, cherry belle radishes, purple plum radishes, hollow crown parsnips, lancer parsnips, rainbow swiss chard, sugar snap peas, cilantro, and bouquet dill.

I still need to plant spinach, but I am trying to chit them first.  I also have an assortment of heat tolerant lettuces that I will get in next week and a second planting of radishes and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment