Monday, June 21, 2010

Garden Progress 2010

Since the work on the garden started back in April I wanted to catch you up on it's progress.  This year I doubled the garden.  Once the ground was workable I removed all the sod and then deeply tilled the soil.  Lastly we dug out a path and mulched it so that I would not walk on and compact the soil the plants would go into.  Last year I didn't have a path and just climbed in around the plants, this year the path has made it so much easier!

        
 

The spring veggies I planted were red and white onions, garlic, mesclun mix lettuce and carrots.


As soon as it was warm enough I planted all of my other veggies.  Tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, bell pepper and all my herbs.  I surrounded the garden with marigolds to try to naturally keep the critters out. 
 

Now a month or so later here is the progress of the garden.  I forgot how much it had grown until I looked at all the old pictures. 

    
       

No comments:

Post a Comment