Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Newport Garden Walk 3

Garden 6

I think I am in love!  This garden was my absolute favorite of the day.  From the front, side, and back the entire house had a cohesive look.  The theme of this house was wine, they had many wine accessories and decor in the garden.  The garden felt like a retreat almost like being on vacation, it was beautiful.  There are tons of pictures, enjoy the tour!


I was really intrigued by the use of pussy willows in the containers by the door, they added some great visual height.  A wrought iron gate piece was used to create a wall in the mulch bed, loved it!

A quick walk to the back and a creative way to hide an air conditioning unit.


I enjoyed the lattice covered with vine to create more backyard privacy.

Loved, loved the mantle.  The owners said they found it in the basement when they moved in.  I would have never thought to include it in my garden.


Coca-Cola bucket kitchen garden.


The Patio


Wine bottles used as decor in multiple places.  Also next to the mantle was a type of grass called King Tut.  I had never seen this kind of grass before, it feels like it is from a beachy place.


Wine bottle lantern.


As you exited they had cement stones that looked like tree trunks.


I wish I could go back and enjoy their garden all over again.  I wonder if they would let me in if I came over with a bottle of wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment