Thursday, October 20, 2011

Canning and Preserving with Ashley English


I picked up this book thinking it would be all recipes.  However the first half is all about the nuts and bolts of canning for the beginning canner.  Even though I already know how to can I jumped in anyways because a refresher course never hurts.

I appreciated her in depth explanation of all types of canning equipment, their usefulness and proper techniques.  Often people forget to tell you why you need to use something.  I also enjoyed the history lesson in canning which was quite interesting.

Overall she gives excellent information to the beginning canner and extra pieces of useful tidbits to the experienced canner.  I didn't have time or the need to try any of her recipes but they seem to be an excellent assortment.

No comments:

Post a Comment