Sunday, October 2, 2011

Brrrrrrr

It was cold this weekend especially yesterday.  I don't know if it ever made it into the 50s yesterday but I do know that it was supposed to go into the 30s overnight.  I'm not sure how cold it got but I do know we got light, patchy frost.

My neighbors might have thought I was trying some odd early Halloween decorations but I was trying to keep my tomatoes protected.  Despite the cold weather we are headed back into the 70s this week and I am hoping to get my tomatoes through a few more weeks before I have to pull them.

I picked all the tomatoes off that were showing some color and left the green ones to fend for themselves.  I was able to cover five of the eight tomatoes and one eggplant.  It looks a bit ghetto especially since the only thing I had to clip the row cover around the plants was my chip and food storage clips.  But it worked and we are now back in the safe zone for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment