Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Growing Garlic


This year I planted Fall garlic because all of the Spring planted garlic I have tried has had poor results.  I planted the garlic last month after our first real frost.  Just recently I noticed the garlic has been growing and has started to come up.  We have had some milder weather than usual.  I am not sure if this is what should happen yet.  I was under the impression the garlic would get roots established but the green leaves would not grow yet.  I am going to cover them with a blanket of leaves and hope that it is enough protection to keep them safe until Spring.

1 comment:

  1. We planted garlic for the first time this fall, so I'm not sure what will happen. I do think you did the right thing by covering them up. We covered ours too. Hopefully we'll both have lots of garlic next spring!

    ReplyDelete