Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Our New Favorite Meal

On a recent grocery shopping trip Andy decided to go with me and as we were walking up and down the aisles a package of manicotti noodles caught his eye.  He decided that he wanted them and that I would be able to make a meal out of it.  I thought great now I am going to have to stuff shells but figured it wasn't worth the battle.  So we got them and they sat in our cupboard for weeks before I finally decided to do something with them.  When I did I realized it really was quite simple and the cheesy deliciousness has made me happy to make them over and over again.

 

I didn't use a recipe I just threw a bunch of stuff together that sounded like it would work and it did.  Here is what I did:

I blanched an entire bag of spinach for literally 10 seconds in boiling water and then pulled it out.  I then cooked the noodles in the same spinach enriched water for about 7 minutes.  While the pasta was cooking I mixed together a tub or ricotta, half a bag of shredded mozzarella, a handful of parmesan, the blanched spinach chopped, and a garlic clove minced.  When the noodles have cooked drain them and run cold water over them so that they are cool enough to handle.  Put a fourth a cup of tomato sauce and a dash of water in the bottom of a glass pan.  Stuff the shells and line them up in the glass pan.  Top with remaining sauce and cover with foil.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes then uncover and sprinkle on remaining half of mozarella and bake for another 20 minutes.  Give it 5-10 minutes to cool out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment