Since installing the bees I haven't gone into the hive. I should have gone in weeks ago to make sure the queen was doing her job and producing more bees. But life and the weather got in the way. Yesterday I finally got around to opening up the hive and seeing if things looked ok.
When I opened up the hive things looked busy. The top box had alot honey and bees but I couldn't see from just peering in any sign of eggs or larva. When I lifted off the first box right away I found larva that was in comb the bees had built between the boxes. Once I saw that I didn't need to go any farther because it was evidence that the queen is doing her job.
While in the hive I went ahead and added on the queen excluder and a box for just honey storage.
A frame of empty comb ready to be filled with honey!