Monday, May 21, 2012

Go Cincinnati

I mentioned that I participated in Go Cincinnati over the weekend.  Go Cincinnati is an event thrown by our church that organizes multiple service projects over the city in one day.  This year there were 5700 volunteers that participated in 330 service projects on Saturday morning.  It was fantastic!

Marla and I signed up to garden or landscape and we were assigned to a Kelly Youth Services house.  A former Bengals player has bought properties that house children in the foster care system but are not placed with a foster family.  Our project was cleaning up mulch beds, weeding, mulching, mowing, planting annuals and cutting down and removing part of a tree that had fallen sometime last year.  I didn't take many pictures because we were more focused on getting the job done.  I have a few before and after pictures unfortunately I don't have any of the tree, the biggest project on the property.






No comments:

Post a Comment