Monday, June 25, 2012

Harvest

This big harvest this week was the garlic.  I am so thrilled with them!  In the past I have always grown spring planted softneck varieties.  They were always puny little heads.  This year I decided to try a fall planted hardneck variety and they did fantastic.  The smallest head this year would have been the largest in years past.  I will definitely be saving the largest heads to replant this fall.

The radishes are still coming and we got the first tiny bean harvest!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your successful garlic harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats a lot of nice garlic. I am having garlic envy this year, will have to plant a lot this fall in my very best soil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had garlic semi-failure this year, so your harvest looks great! As do the beans. I'm hoping to get my first picking this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garlic is looking great! We are still a couple of weeks away from harvest, but it's coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the garlic harvest. It looks like you got some nice bulbs out of them. I am waiting impatiently for our bean harvests to commence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the garlic harvest, it seems that it's definitely garlic harvest time in your part of the world after reading about it in several blogs now. I hope mine looks as good in another few months.

    ReplyDelete