Monday, April 25, 2011

Using Up Stores

I wish we had harvests to speak of but between expanding the garden and then all of the rain it was difficult to get seeds in the ground, and I was definitely late this year.  We have however been using up the last little bit of last years harvest.  This past week I used up my last jar of tomatoes, we only have a couple of green bean jars left, and I thought we were going to use the rest of the garlic for Easter but I luckily have a couple left.



For our Easter feast we had a fig/walnut/gorgonzola salad, pancetta wrapped beef tenderloin, and asparagus dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. 

6 comments:

  1. Dang girl, that salad sounds amazing! I'm posting all of our Easter eats throughout the week, you'll have to check it out!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will! The salad is so good, just greens, figs that I soaked in balsamic vinegar overnight, chopped walnuts and gorgonzola. I very very lightly dressed it with a homemade dressing using the vinegar the figs soaked in a dash of dijon mustard, a spoonful of honey and olive oil. Super simple and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dishes look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner looks yummy! It's that time of the year when a lot of our stores are getting low.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious. And your salad sounds so good. It makes me want my fig trees now. I'll get them soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies for stopping by, everything was delicious!

    ReplyDelete