Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Broccoli

This year I am growing broccoli for the first time.  I bought transplants at the nursery center and planted them out back on April 6th.  As of today they are quite an interesting bunch.  They haven't grown much because of our gloomy weather.  The growth they have had is varied.  The one on the farthest right seems to be doing the best but they all are different sizes.  In the middle two have almost not grown at all.  I didn't do anything to protect them from pests this year because I wanted to see how they would fare on their own.  At this point I am not sure if or when we will end up with broccoli.

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to like brocolli but I just think of mini trees when I eat it, ha.

    Let me know how your pie recipe goes. I have posted my all-time favorite strawberry rhubarb pie on my blog if you are interested. It's super simple and doesn't have a ton of extra ingredients so you can really taste the fruit!

    http://thesweettouch.blogspot.com/2011/04/classic-strawberry-rhubarb-pie.html

    ReplyDelete